Community Development Initiative - Small Business Development Project 4 (SBDP4)
On January 17, 2022, the implementation of the fourth phase of the Small Business Development Project began, which will continue until the end of January 2026. The project covers 117 target villages of the fifteen municipalities of Kvemo Kartli, Shida Kartli, Mtskheta-Mtianeti, Imereti, Guria and Samegrelo and four settlements of internally displaced persons. The current phase of the project is a continuation of the second and third phases, which were implemented in 2015-2018 and 2018-2021, respectively.
The project goal is to deepen relations between bp and the target communities and IDP settlements along the Western Route Export Pipeline by promoting economic growth through SME development.
Within the framework of the fourth phase of the project, the following results will be achieved:
- Improved business planning capacities of the beneficiaries and enhanced business environment in the target communities through establishing new and expanding existing businesses;
- Upgraded management, planning and decision-making skills of the supported businesses leading to improved performance and efficiency;
- Strengthened professional capacities of the supported businesses leading to increased effectiveness and sustainability.
The following main activities will be carried out:
- 960 beneficiaries will undergo business plan writing trainings and independently develop a business plan within the framework of four grant competitions;
- 123 startups and 18 existing small entrepreneurs will receive funding, 150 jobs will be created;
- All supported entrepreneurs will be provided with various technical and professional training, as a result of which they will introduce innovations in the field of climate-smart agriculture and bio-production and add value to their products;
- All funded entrepreneurs will be provided with intensive coach sessions on digital competencies, financial accounting production, marketing, customer relations, strategic development and other issues.
You must be logged in to post a comment.